Meet the Best Fox Whistle ProStaff Team[col span=”1/4″]
G’day guy’s and gals it’s Grant Harrop here from Mudgee NSW Australia, and I’m addicted to hunting 😀
I’m a passionate conservation hunter and whether it be taking out foxes for pest management or getting a few deer for the plate I love it all.
I’m 31 and have been hunting for most of my life. I’m the proud father of 3 son’s and a beautiful daughter all who love hunting as much as I do.
I believe a bad day hunting is better than a good day at work.
1. What do you do for a living? Mine worker and Pest Controller
2. What quarry do you hunt? Foxes, Rabbits, wild dogs, Feral cats, Pigs, Goats, roo and Deer
3. What calibres do you shoot? .22-250
4. What setups do you use? Howa 1500 heavy varmint with a vortex diamondback 3.5-10×50
5. Do you tend to hunt by foot or vehicle? Both, I’ve even hunted by horse back
6. Do you tend to hunt by day or by night? Both come rain hail or sunshine
[/col] [col span=”1/4″]
I’m 33 and from Ballarat, Victoria. I started hunting with my Father and Uncles – mostly doing fox drives before I was old enough to get my junior permit. Once I got my permit, I could join in more and start hammering foxes.
Since moving back to Ballarat from Queensland I’ve been hunting rabbits, foxes, deer, roos and pigs.
At the moment in not working due to injured hand but studying business management plan on starting my own pest control/contract company.
My weapons of choice are .22lr, .223 and trusty under n over 12g. My setup for whistling is the shotgun as these whistles are too bloody good and cant get a clean shot with the rifle! Spotlighting, I use a Savage axis 223 with Nikko Stirling night eater 4-16 × 44.
I hunt both day n night and both on foot and vehicle but prefer long walks in the bush whistling all day.[/col] [col span=”1/4″]
My passion for shooting began out at one of my best mates farm just shooting with an air rifle. Over time the calibre’s kept getting bigger and the rabbits and foxes continued to fall.
When I was 15 I started a bit of clay target shooting through my school which was always a good day out. My mate and I would go out spotlighting every Wednesday night and every weekend. We’d keep swapping over, one of us would have the spotlight and carry the game while the other would be the one shooting.
Ever since those early days the love of guns and hunting as a whole has just grown. I’ve been on fox drives, kangaroo culls and also stalking for deer. I’m yet to go and shoot a couple of wild pigs.
I work full time as an apprentice plasterer, trying to go out shooting whenever possible. I mainly hunt properties around the Ballarat Region of Victoria in Australia.
1. What do you do for a living? Plasterer
2. What quarry do you hunt? Fox, Rabbits, Deer and wild Dogs
3. What calibres do you shoot? 12g shotgun, .270 win, .223 Rem and a .22CZ
4. What setups do you use? I use my .223 Howa varmint with a nighteater 3-10×42 scope
5. Do you tend to hunt by foot or vehicle? Always on foot
6. Do you tend to hunt by day or by night? Night
[/col] [col span=”1/4″]
My name is Ian I was originally born in Selsey Sussex UK. Moved to Australia in late 1969 when I was 9 years old where I now still reside now at 54.
I have had many hurdles throughout life my main was losing both my Kidneys when I turned 30. Was on life support many years until a donation became available.
I got my first transplant in 1997 and gave me almost 6 years then rejected in 2002, 6 years back on life support and another became available. Currently on my second Kidney transplant which I got in May 2008.
I have been shooting since I got my junior permit when I was 12 years old, I joined the Sporting Shooters association of Australia SSAA as it’s known. I shot regularly at rifle ranges at Tynong north, Springvale, and Little River near Geelong. Just about every second weekend was spent shooting.
Had a few trips away over the early years but once I got my driver license at 18 I would go on weekend hunts as often as possible. Many Rabbits, Foxes, Ducks fell victim to my trigger finger. Recently been out for Wild Boar, Goats and more.
1. What do you do for a living? Supervisor at a Conveyor belt making factory
2. What quarry do you hunt? Foxes, Rabbits, Pigs and Deer
3. What calibres do you shoot? 12g & 410 shotgun, .22lr and .270 win
4. What setups do you use? For foxing I use my 270 with a 4-12 scope
5. Do you tend to hunt by foot or vehicle? Both
6. Do you tend to hunt by day or by night? Both
[/col] [share title=”Share:”]